Do you want to live your best life?
I mean…you came to a blog called, She’s Living her Best Life so I’m going to assume the answer is yes.
And come on, even your dog Fred snoring away in the corner wants to live his best life and so do you.
So how to go about this whole changing your life thing?
Are you supposed to just go to sleep and then wake up in the morning feeling like a brand new person?
That’s not how this works and that’s not what I’m going to ask you to do either.
You’re probably like yeah, journaling is easy for you, you’re a blogger. And you’d be right and being a writer, I also know that simply starting is the hardest part.
Which is why I’m going to give 111 personal development journal prompts to help you get started.
Use these journaling prompts to help your get mind going and really get an understanding for where you are because you can’t go anywhere if you have no idea where you are currently at.
Write as little or as much as you want. The point is to just begin writing.
Grab a pen and let’s take it to the paper.
111 Personal Development Journal Prompts
1. What am I grateful for right now? Start with 5 things.
2. Am I happy with my life as a whole?
3. If I could change one thing in my life what would it be?
4. What currently brings me the most joy and happiness?
5. What is the one thing I want to change in my life?
6. What is one thing I wish I were better at?
7. What is my favorite thing about myself?
8. What is one area in my life I have grown in over the past year? (health, relationships, finances, career, etc.)
9. Why is personal development important to me?
10. Do I enjoy my current job? Why or why not?
11. Where would I like to see myself in 6 months?
12. Do I practice self-care daily?
13. What is one achievement I am most proud of?
14. Do I feel physically healthy? Why or why not?
15. What is one thing I can do today to improve yourself?
16. If I could tell my teenage self one thing, it would be ____.
17. If my best friend were to describe me, what would they say?
18. If I received $10,000 every month and I had to spend it all, what would I spend it on? (you can save it, spend it, donate it, invest it, whatever you want)
19. The biggest thing I am the most grateful for is ____.
20. If I could have anything in the world I would choose _____, because _____.
21. If my success was inevitable (which it is by the way) what would I do?
22. Who is my biggest inspiration? Why?
23. What is my dream job? Why? And am I doing it? Why or why not?
24. If the sky was the limit who would I be? Go into detail and describe the best version of yourself.
25. What fears are holding me back from living my best life? Be as objective and honest as possible.
26. What is something I struggle with?
27. What are 10 things I love about myself?
28. What are 10 things I’d like to change about myself? Why do I want to change these things?
29. What sets my heart on fire?
30. What have I been thinking a lot about lately? (just starting writing and see what pops up)
31. Create a forgiveness list of those who have done you wrong (this is tough but holding onto grudges and hate only hurts yourself)
32. Create a bucket list
33. What is my biggest fear? Why and what can I do about it?
34. What makes me unique?
35. Do I work on myself enough? (personal growth, reading new books, expanding our minds)
36. What is one thing I’ve always wanted to learn more about?
37. Do I care about what other people think of me? Why?
38. What brings me sadness?
39. How do I react to negative feelings?
40. What are my favorite hobbies? Do I do them enough?
41. Am I being my truest, most genuine self? Why or why not?
42. What are 5 insecurities I have about myself? How can I change them?
43. Write 10 self-love affirmations that resonate (I am beautiful, I am an amazing writer, I am the most amazing listener…etc.)
44. Do I let other people’s opinions dictate my life?
45. Am I truly happy with where I am in life?
46. Do I do things outside of my comfort zone?
47. What is the funniest memory I have that always make me laugh out loud?
48. What is one place I want to travel to if I could go anywhere in the world? Why haven’t I gone yet?
49. Do I make my decisions from love or fear? (did you make a decision because you were afraid or because you knew it was the right thing to do)
50. Do I let my past dictate my future decisions? Why or why not?
51. Am I happy with my current relationships? How can I be happier? (includes friends, family, and significant others)
52. Do I like change or find it difficult? Why?
53. Are there any people in my life that make me feel “less than”, unloved or unworthy? Is it time to let them go?
54. What are 2 things I can do daily to improve my life in some way?
55. If I’m feeling low how do I cheer myself up?
56. What is my least favorite personality trait about myself? What can I do to change it?
57. Do I hold grudges? Why? And how can I let them go?
58. Write out my dream life, every single detail.
59. If I could describe my life in one word what would it be?
60. Am I where I thought I would be when I was a kid? Why or why not?
61. What is one behavior holding me back from living my best life? (it can even be scrolling on social media)
62. What is one person holding me back from living my best life?
63. Write 10 daily affirmations that will get me closer to my dream life. (repeat every single day)
64. What do I want to be remembered for?
65. Do I practice gratitude for what I have on a daily basis?
66. Do I feel relaxed or stressed in the morning? What can I do to change that?
67. What inspires me right now?
68. Do I feel happy with my health and wellness routine? Why or why not and how can I improve it?
69. Am I pushing myself to my fullest potential?
70. Do I feel successful in my life?
71. Am I holding onto people, emotions or things that no longer serve me or make me feel good? Why?
72. What is the first thing I think of when I look in a mirror? How does that make me feel?
73. Am I comfortable with my finances?
74. Do I have a clear record of money coming in and money going out? Why or why not?
75. Do I consider myself a lucky person?
76. What is the scariest thing I’ve ever done?
77. When I feel fear about moving forward in life do I listen to the fear and stop or push through it?
78. What is my favorite way to pamper myself? Do I do it enough?
79. What are my thoughts about money?
80. Where do I want my life to be in the next 12 months?
81. How much money do I want to make in the next year?
82. Do I feel loved?
83. What do I do when I worry about something? What advice would I tell a friend if they were worrying?
84. How do I handle stressful situations?
85. Do I procrastinate projects when I’m afraid?
86. Do I use a lot of negative or positive self-talk throughout the day?
87. When was the last time I visualized my dream life?
88. What was the biggest challenge I overcame in my life and how did I do it?
89. Am I often jealous or envious of other people? (social media, real life, Tv)
90. When do I feel the most confidence in myself?
91. How much better would my life be if I achieved my goals?
92. What would my life be like if I believed anything was possible for me?
93. How much time do I spend scrolling social media?
94. What is one habit I would like to change by this time next year?
95. Someone cuts me off in traffic what do I do? Am I happy with this reaction? How can I change it?
96. Do I believe life is happening to me or for me?
97. Do I believe in failure? Why or why not?
98. Am I distracted often? What are my biggest distractions?
99. Do I allow myself to daydream like when I was a kid? What do I daydream about?
100. What is my first thought when I open my eyes in the morning? Am I happy with this?
101. Do I just let life happen or control every detail? How does that make me feel?
102. What is something I would like to teach to others?
103. What skills do I have that others don’t have?
104. Name 4 things that come easily and 4 things that are more difficult.
105. What is my biggest motivator in life?
106. What is the biggest reason for getting up the morning?
107. How do I feel around money? (does it make me uncomfortable, angry, happy, at ease, sick to my stomach, avoid it at all costs)
108. How am I feeling today? (use this anytime you feel negative, off, and just write it out)
109. Are my current routines getting closer to my goals? If not what can I do to change them?
110. What is one affirmation that makes me feel the most empowered? Say it daily.
111. If I could change anything about my life currently, what would it be and why? Be very specific.
By now, you can see just how much journaling can change and improve your life. Can you
use these journaling prompts every day? Of course, you can! Journaling is an easy way for
you to get the results you want out of life and I can show you how.
Now you can grab a simple and clean PDF download of all of these journal prompts and more for just
one dollar. Because journaling has improved my own life, I want to give you the same opportunity. If you’re
wondering if journaling works, buy my journal prompts PDF for $1, now and see for yourself. Click here.
Journal Prompts Work if You Work Them
Whoo, you made it to number 111.
To properly use these journal prompts be as honest as you possibly can with yourself when answering these questions and really dig deep into your answers.
You’re not going to change in your comfort zone so get out of there and start asking yourself the tough questions, you might be surprised with what you find.